Apple Cider Cakes with Apple Cider Glaze
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup McCutcheon’s Apple Sauce
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup McCutcheon’s Apple Cider
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
Apple Cider Glaze
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup McCutcheon’s Apple Cider
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients: beaten egg, brown sugar, apple sauce, maple syrup, apple cider, yoghurt and vegetable oil. Give them a quick whisk then add your bowl of dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined.
- Divide your mixture between pans/tins of your choosing. For a donut pan bake for 10 minutes, for mini donuts and baby cupcakes bake for 5-7 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched.
- Allow the cupcakes, or whatever baked goods you are dabbling in, to cool to warm and then dip then in the glaze.
For the apple glaze
- In a small saucepan, bring the cider to a boil. Allow the cider to boil down until about 1/4 cup remains.
- Combine icing sugar, cinnamon and cider in a small bowl and stir well to remove any lumps.
- Take your cooled baked goods and dip the part your would like to be iced into the glaze. As the warm baked goods cool the glaze will harden. YUM!