Honestly, I didn’t think I was such a fan of Apricot Preserves. I was wary when I came across this recipe. Pork and apricot? Could the combination work. I was assured it did work, and work very well. So, I took the dive and tried Apricot Preserves. Well, I was wrong. I am very much a fan of them. They are like peaches with more of a punch. It is a such a lovely flavor that makes me yearn for spring and dinners outside on the picnic table.
This recipe is perfect for those pre-spring dinners, when the air is losing the harshness of winter and is becoming sweeter. When you are willing to don those extra layers to catch the last breath of the sweet air as the sun sets, get yourself to the grill and make this quick and easy recipe.
Grilled Apricot Pork Tenderloin
- 1 (1 pound) pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup mustard
- In a bowl, mix together the preserves and mustard.
- Prepare the meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the meat until crisp and the interior reaches 160 F. (The grill should be open)
- In the last minutes of grilling, coat liberally with the sauce and close grill cover for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce caramelizes).
- Slice the meat into medallions and serve immediately.